Prayer for Help and Guidance

A Psalm of David

1 Hear my prayer, O Lord;
    listen to my plea!
    Answer me because you are faithful and righteous.
2 Don’t put your servant on trial,
    for no one is innocent before you.
3 My enemy has chased me.
    He has knocked me to the ground
    and forces me to live in darkness like those in the grave.
4 I am losing all hope;
    I am paralyzed with fear.
5 I remember the days of old.
    I ponder all your great works
    and think about what you have done.
6 I lift my hands to you in prayer.
    I thirst for you as parched land thirsts for rain.
Selah.
7 Come quickly, Lord, and answer me,
    for my depression deepens.
Don’t turn away from me,
    or I will die.
8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
    for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
    for I give myself to you.
9 Rescue me from my enemies, Lord;
    I run to you to hide me.
10 Teach me to do your will,
    for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
    on a firm footing.
11 For the glory of your name, O Lord, preserve my life.
    Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
12 In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
    and destroy all my foes,
    for I am your servant.
Psalm 143 (NLT)


In our lifetime, there are indeed times when the LORD will allow us to go through difficult times. And we may not be able to wrap our mind around what we are going through, but these are really intended not to harm us, and surely we cannot understand it yet, but these are for our own benefit.

Depression

King David, the man after God's heart went through these seasons of mind boggling trials and tribulations, like every great man (and woman) of God. Yes, we are not alone in our own times of depression and darkness and persecution. King David, too went through these episodes in his lifetime.

And during his times of crisis, misery and pain, his faith was able to grow stronger than ever and he was able to get back on track, go back to his first love, as he cried out to God, pleaded, reasoned and poured his heart out and he was able to write his most beautiful of psalms. Which are now among God's most beatiful gifts to us to meditate on, and help us during our own times of pain, trials and heartaches.

This one in particular where David asked not to be judged or punished for whatever he'd done that he shouldn't have. Ask for guidance and for the Lord to take him out of the wretched condition he was in.

God is Faithful

And his reason? Because God is fathful and that he was His servant.

Today, let this psalm of David be our prayer and battle cry. Let us, His servants cry out daily and like David, see what our Father in heaven will do and prove His Word to be powerful and true. God is just and faithful. And He loves us so.


#WhenIDontUnderstand


Comments