Quiet Time #1 - It's Who You Are


"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12 NIV


The song 'Good, Good Father' goes like this:

"I've seen many searching for answers far and wide
But I know we're all searching
For answers only you provide
'Cause you know just what we need
Before we say a word

You're a good good father
It's who you are, it's who you are, it's who you are
And I'm loved by you
It's who I am, it's who I am, it's who I am"




The first step to embracing our "new self" in Christ is not only knowing where we came from (or who our "Father" is) but also who we really are. We are His children -- sons and daughters of the Most High God. And nothing or no one can take that away from us.

This is the reason, why so many adopted children upon learning that they were adopted get a feeling of being so lost and have that overwhelming urge to look up or search for their biological parents.

Jesus came down to us, so we, who are lost and searching for the answers to our many questions of who we are, where did we come from, what are we doing here, and why are we here -- all these can be answered by the Word of God.

And now that we know who we are, like a grown person upon first knowing we have been raised by adopted parents, try to know as much as we can of our real parents, even searching far and wide to find them, talk to them, embrace them, ask them questions, know who they are, how they are like, and try to find the answer to questions like why do I do the things that I do, basically answering the mystery of why am I, me.

And the answers may be hidden, but they are out there, waiting for us to discover, bit by interesting bit -- in the bible and in our daily quiet times with our Good Good Father.

Call upon Him, He has been waiting since you first got up this morning. And He will patiently do so each and every day.





Comments