Quiet Time #3 - You Are in Big Hands


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand."
John 10:27-29 (NIV)

When believers first put their faith in the Lord, they are on what can only be described as "cloud nine".

But once the initial "high" wears out, all sorts of doubts and fears and skepticism and double-mindedness will set in and prey on the new believer.

This is why, it is important to have a safe place to come to, to ask questions and get things sorted out and to grow their faith.

Aside from fellow believers, Scriptures is always the best place to run to, but like many others before them, many times just reading the bible by themselves is like threading in the middle of a vast ocean, just trying to keep their heads above water and hoping they don't get tired before a rescue team can spot them and snatch them out of their predicament.

And although new believers can hear God's voice, it does not mean that other voices will keep quiet and not try to cast doubt or even take it upon themselves to undermine their new found faith.

So until the new believer can actually distinguish God's will and God's voice from all the other "voices" on their own, then they need others to keep them on the right path.

One thing new believers can take to heart though, is that although doubt can and will set in, no one can snatch them out of the hands of our Almighty Father. Yes, we are in big hands.

The Lost Sheep, safe in the arms of the Good Shepherd








Image Credit: Sue McDonald, Shutterstock

Comments