Post Pandemic Preaching - God


'"Because a loveless world," said Jesus, "is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him - we'll move right into the neighborhood!

Not loving me means not keeping my words. The message you are hearing isn't mine. It's the message of the Father who sent me.

"I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you.

The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you.

I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left - feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.'

-Jesus of Nazareth, 1st century, speaking to His disciples
John 14:23-27 in the Message Paraphrase Version

[This is the 17th lesson of this series]

Love Is How We Are Able To See

People are being kept blind in a world devoid of love.

Jesus isn't pointing an accusing finger at any of us. He didn't come to bring condemnation. Instead, He brought mercy, forgiveness, redemption and reconciliation. He brought love. Indeed, He is love.

God, Our Father gave Jesus, His Only Begotten Son because He loves us. Jesus then gave us the Holy Spirit.

People cannot see any of this, well because they cannot see and they cannot hear.


Stiff Necked

We refuse to, because our hearts are callous, stony, loveless, except perhaps for a love only for ourselves, and a few do not even have that.

Jesus personifies selfless love. He gave His life to redeem us and make us to be reconciled with Our Creator.

God loved us even when we were still sinners. (Romans 5:8)

After we have been reconciled, we are able to see the truth, hear the Holy Spirit and understand God's Word -- through which, we are then able to keep it. We can because we have been empowered to. How? Yes because of God's love and God's Spirit.




Post Pandemic Preaching Series





Roadmap (to navigate this site)

Comments