Post Pandemic Preaching -  Listen to God's Voice


“I am the Good Shepherd. I know My own and My own know Me, just as the Father knows Me and I know the Father. And I lay down My life for the sheep. I have other sheep that are not from this fold; those also I must lead, and they will listen to My voice. So there shall be one flock, one Shepherd."
-Jesus of Nazareth, 1st century
John 10:14-16 in the Tree of Life Version

[This is the 21st lesson of this series]

We are living in an age where everyone has the ability to connect with everyone, in real time. All it takes is a smart device with a mic, camera, speaker and monitor, and wi-fi.

It will just be a matter of time, until everyone, can be together, as if all in one huge congregation. Everyone can see and hear the same thing, where ever they may be in the world, any time zone -- everyone, regardless of race and location will be of one flock.

Seems Impossible

Back in the 1st century, Jesus of Nazareth was talking about things that seems impossible or unbelievable to His followers, things that no one would have ever imagined could happen. His followers in turn wrote letters and those too included narratives that could only be true some 20 centuries after, in our time today.

In the excerpt above from the Book of John, Jesus was telling His followers that they were His sheep. You see, Jesus is the Good Shepherd. He laid down His life for His sheep. But not just for them alone, but also for all His sheep all over the world. 

Now Possible

The lost sheep from all corners needs to be gathered. They too need to hear the Good Shepherd's voice. And when they do, His sheep will follow His lead. And then as He said, the end will come.

If today you Hear His voice, harden not your heart.

Jesus Forgives Mary of Magdala (Mary Magdalene)




Comments