Quiet Time #11 - With God You Will Find A Way


"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."  1 Corinthians 10:13

When I was a newly born believer, the Lord placed in my heart an insatiable desire to know more about the gospel, about Jesus, about Christianity and everything about God.

And I feasted on Scriptures at every opportunity and sang songs of praise and worship all throughout the day.

Daily Grind

But don't think for a moment that everything turned out to be a bed of roses. In fact, it was far from it. But God sure made a way for me to power through.

Remember the enemy will not rest until any believer is deceived and destroyed, and will use anything and anyone, and any opportunity to do so.

Daily Manna

The bible verses I read and sang daily and the habit of meeting together with other believers became my weapons against these attacks and was a source of daily sustenance which carried me through the daily grind, particularly being a believer in a society where most people, including friends and family are not receptive. The Lord gave me verses each day which became the rhema word for me -- meaning it became the Spirit's daily word which I needed to hold on to for that particular moment in time -- daily manna.

I have so many verses that meant so much to me during my formative (baby) years. And this one, 1st Corinthians 10:13, sustained me through many trying times and became my favorite. Although it also comes with a caveat (or a warning):

"So, if you think you are standing firm,  be careful that you don’t fall!" 1 Corinthians 10:12.

3 Gs

God's Spirit, God's Word and being surrounded by God fearing people, we need these constantly, new or long time believer, it does not matter, the battle and the enemy 's strategy are still the same -- using anything and anyone to tempt us and brung us back to thr enemy's camp.

Comments